You’ve eaten some turkey and some yummy pumpkin treats, and maybe enjoyed (or endured) a family gathering or two, but something is missing. How many times does a Thanksgiving come and go, and we’re too preoccupied to really reflect and be thankful?
Don’t let that happen this year!
This weekend Canadians are celebrating Thanksgiving. But no matter where you live in the world, it’s always a good time to be thankful. Recently this poignant button made it’s way through Facebook. I think it’s appropriate.
So what am I thankful for this year?
- A beautiful, sunny, warm autumn.
- Lots of garden tomatoes so my son can make lots and lots of butter chicken.
- The smell of baking bread (and pies and cookies).
- Our almost 14 year old van and its familiar quirks and the duct-tape that keeps some parts attached.
- Toenail polish that makes taking my socks off a happy thing to do.
- That my Grandma prayed for me and my unborn children before she died.
- The giggles of my children.
- My husband’s arm around me as we sit in church.
- Knowing that when I bow to pray the King of Heaven listens.
That’s just a start… why don’t we do a little thanking here on the blog? Leave a comment with a few things you are thankful for.