This is a super easy, fun, fast and favorite appetizer. It’s also gluten-free, wheat-free and egg-free. So it’s a good option to keep handy for when you have celiac friends over for a gathering or when you want to make fun snacks to take along. They also look great and make you look like an awesome chef!
Lacy Cheese Appetizers
3 cups loosely packed shredded cheddar cheese
3 strips bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup feta cheese (for a less pungent flavour use cream cheese)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup freshly chopped green onion or chives
1 tsp Bragg’s all-purpose seasoning (if it doesn’t need to be gluten-free you can use soya sauce)
1/4 cup chopped raisins (or craisins), optional
12 whole pecans
cilantro leaves (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- On a non-stick baking pan make piles of shredded cheese.
- Place in the hot oven, constantly watching carefully. When the cheese is melted and starting to bubble, remove from oven immediately. This should be close to 3 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- While the cheese lace is cooling mix crumbled bacon, feta cheese, Bragg’s seasoning, mayonnaise and green onion until well blended.
- Mix in chopped raisins.
- Using 2 teaspoons or a 1 tbsp scoop put one dollop of the mixture on top of each piece of cheese lace.
- Press down slightly to ensure the mixture sticks to the cheese.
- Press a pecan and a cilantro leaf into the top of the mixture.
- Cool in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
A Carla Anne Feature Recipe