My youngest kids McCaellen and Myanna made this one recently.
They were originally going to do gourmet baked potatoes, but ended up modifying it and turning it into a casserole. It turned out pretty good, and it’s really easy! Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Broccoli Cheese Potato Casserole
10 large potatoes
10 tbsp sour cream
10 tbsp butter, melted
5 cups chopped fresh broccoli
5 cups shredded cheese
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Wrap potatoes in foil. (Leave skins on.)
- Bake potatoes at 450 degrees F until tender all the way through, about 1 hour.
- While potatoes are baking, boil the broccoli for 4 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and mix it with the cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- When potatoes are done remove from foil and cut into quarters.
- Place quartered potatoes into a casserole dish.
- Drizzle melted butter over potatoes.
- Spread broccoli mixture evenly over the potatoes.
- Return to oven at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This dish accompanies pork chops really well.