I was sorely tempted by some yummy cinnamon buns sitting on the kitchen table this week.
I took a little bite and my daughter jumped up to my rescue and said, “I’ll make you something just as good that’s gluten free. Stop eating that!”
And she did!
It’s not a cinnamon bun… but it’s yummy and I’d gladly eat this as a replacement any day. So thanks to my daughter Ahria, here’s her fabulous invention.
Cinnamon Bun Substitute
2 slices of Gluten Free Bread (we used Udi’s brand)
1/3 cup cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp xylitol, finely ground into powder (or icing sugar)
1 to 2 tsp cream
- Toast the bread and butter it.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the bread.
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, vanilla, cream, and xylitol until smooth. Use just enough cream to make it into an icing texture.
- Spread a generous layer of the icing between the slices of bread and then spread some more on top.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
There you go! Eat this with fork and knife and a hot cup of coffee!!