We had a Respect Dare Reunion recently. And I’ve been waiting for several weeks to make something for a brunch. Every time I have a place to bring it I forget I was going to bring this. (That’s what happens when you turn ‘old’.)
This week I had a breakthrough and I actually remembered!!
This is one of the easiest, and most fun breakfast dishes you could ever make!
3 cups granola
1300 g (about 6 cups) vanilla yogurt
4 strawberries (sliced into three slices each from the tip to the stem area to make heart shaped slices)
2 kiwi peeled
2 cups cream cheese
Whip cream (from the aerosol can)
- Pour the granola into the bottom of a 9×13 glass casserole dish.
- Optional: Mix the cream cheese with the yogurt in a mixer until smooth and layer than over the granola.
- Spread the yogurt (or the yogurt/cream cheese blend) over the granola.
- Slice the kiwi into long thin slivers. Lay on top of the yogurt along the long side of the casserole dish to look like grass and about 5 stems for flowers of different lengths.
- Lay the strawberries pointy end to pointy end in a circle to look like a flower on two or three of the stems. Use 5 slices per flower.
- Slice the apricot into thin round slices. There will be a hole in the centre of the slices where the pit was.
- Lay the apricot circles on top of two or three of the stems.
- Put a blackberry in the centre of each flower.
- Optional: Use the whip cream can to make puffs of clouds in the “sky”.
Easy as that! Or you can get creative and design a different garden – or something else entirely!
Let me know what you come up with!