- Will you come speak at our event?
- How will we know if you are free for the dates we’ve chosen?
- Do you have a speaker information sheet we can easily share with others?
- Can we meet with you before we book you?
- Do you speak at daytime or mid-week events?
- Do you speak at overnight retreats?
- Are you willing to travel to our event?
- Do you speak internationally?
- How do we book you?
- What happens if there is a cancellation?
- How far in advance do we need to book you?
- What topics do you speak on?
- What if we want a topic that’s not listed?
- Do you help with Small Group Discussions?
- If you have to stay overnight, are you okay with staying with a family or billet?
- If you are speaking at our retreat do you need your own room?
- I understand you have food allergies. How can we prepare for you?
- What do you charge?
- What if we can’t afford your fee?
- Why are your fees so high?
- What other expenses can we expect if we hire you?
- Do you have any suggestions for making the event successful?
1. Will you come speak at our event?
I would love to! If you’d like me to consider your event, please use my Speaker Invitation Form. I cannot guarantee that I am free when you’d like me to speak, so please offer me more than one date to choose from.
2. How will we know if you are free for the dates we’ve chosen?
It is best to book as far in advance as possible. You should hear back from me shortly after you submit the Speaker Invitation Form with a selection of possible dates.
3. Do you have a speaker information sheet we can easily share with others?
Yes I do, please see my Speaking One-Sheet.
4. Can we meet with you before we book you?
Meeting in person is difficult as I have a very busy schedule. Please fill out the Speaker Invitation Form completely, with as much detail as possible, and I will contact you if I have any further questions. Generally I schedule at least one phone conference call with you before your event, often shortly after booking. If more is needed that is handled on a case-by-case basis.
5. Do you speak at daytime or mid-week events?
Yes, I do.
6. Do you speak at overnight retreats?
Yes, I do.
7. Are you willing to travel to our event?
Yes, I am willing to travel. I use the Winnipeg International Airport for all flights. For distances longer than 4 hours driving, I rent a vehicle.
8. Do you speak internationally?
Yes, I do. International speaking events may require visas or other legal paperwork to be completed. Please allow sufficient time to apply for and receive those, and be willing to supply whatever documentation may be necessary for the application.
Fill in and submit the Speaker Invitation Form. You will hear from someone shortly after that via email with further instructions and contract details.
10. What happens if there is a cancellation?
My cancellation policy is outlined in my contract. If I am unable to speak due to an emergency or illness, I will arrange with you to change the date or find a replacement speaker for you. Your deposit will be refunded in full if I cancel the speaking engagement. (This is not very likely, and in all my years of speaking I have never had to cancel. However, I will do my best to take care of you in the event that something does happen.)
11. How far in advance do we need to book you?
The sooner you book me the more likely it is that I am able to speak at your event. One to two years in advance is not too much! I have a limited number of dates available each year. If it is short notice, I will do my best to accommodate you, however, please understand that my schedule is often set far in advance.
12. What topics do you speak on?
I speak on a variety of topics. Please see my Speaking Topics page for more details.
13. What if we want a topic that’s not listed?
Most of my topics can be adapted to suit your theme. However, if you want something brand new and suited to your group, it is possible. I will need more time to prepare, and there may be an additional fee, depending on how intensive the topic is. This can be discussed. Please make note of it on the Speaker Invitation Form.
14. Do you help with Small Group discussions?
I am happy to make discussion questions available if you choose that in advance. I will work with whoever is planning and leading the event to arrange the Small Group discussion times to be as effective and meaningful as possible.
15. If you have to stay overnight, are you okay with staying with a family or billet?
When I am spending the night away from home I need the best possible opportunity to rest, sleep, pray and prepare. Because ‘in home’ situations are unpredictable, I prefer to stay in a hotel. There may be exceptions to this in very special circumstances.
16. If you are speaking at our retreat do you need your own room?
I’ll need my own room. In the event that someone from my prayer team accompanies me, we may share a room as long as we have separate beds (not bunk beds please).
17. I understand you have food allergies. How can we prepare for you?
I do have food allergies and limitations. I am gluten-free and have several allergies. When you have confirmed your engagement I will send you a food list. I also ask for refrigerated water bottles in my room and during the speaking event.
It depends on what you are booking me for, the size of your organization, and other details. When you have submitted the Speaker Invitation Form you will get an email and/or phone call to discuss this.
19. What if we can’t afford your fee?
Most organizations and churches will not find this too difficult to afford. If you are concerned about this, please indicate that in your Speaker Invitation Form. There are options!
- Join your event with another group to make a larger event and share the cost.
- Just think – if 100 women sacrifice one specialty Starbucks drink ($5), you will have an additional $500 to work with.
20. Why are your fees so high?
Thanks for asking! Many people see the cost of a one hour session and think that is my hourly rate. Not so! For every hour of session I spend 4-5 hours of preparation (more if it is a new session). There is travel time involved, and sometimes a requirement to be away from my husband and children overnight.
My family and I rely on this as part of our income.
21. What other expenses can we expect if we hire you?
All of them are outlined in the contract you will receive upon booking. They include things such as travel, accommodations, food, etc. I may be traveling with a Prayer Partner who ministers with me during events. If so her travel, accommodations, and food also need to be covered.
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL EVENT
22. Do you have any suggestions for making the event successful?
There are several things you can do to make it more likely to be successful. Please see the Tips for a Successful Event page.